learned to live free, despite the pressure exerted on us. Oswaldo made every punishment was a game. Taught us to have courage and be strong in adversity that we had to live. The best moments were when we were leaving the house or when night came and we stayed asleep from exhaustion and illusion as far away as possible from our "protectors" the next day.
The lady who gave me the bread in the morning, gave me two loaves that additionally placed in each of the pockets of my pants. Upon arriving home the first thing I did was hide somewhere to eat later, at midmorning, in the company of my brothers. Tragic was the day I forgot to hide and aunt found in my possession. Armed tremendous scandal, took my ears and I was dragged into the yard, where he took a thin leather wand twisted and dry, with which I was punished mercilessly. Screaming very loud, saying he was ashamed to be criminals under his roof. I cried and called desperately for help, I felt that I tore a piece of skin with each flush of his anger. Uncle Barnabas intervened to calm the runaway spouse. Asking me to understand that what he had done was wrong and would never repeat such an action. As much as I had been given repeated these two loaves, no one would understand me. Miguelito had been awakened by the noise, ran to hug the waist, not crying, shaking their jaws and tried to prevent her body continue punishing me. Oswaldo, just came to me when I was released, to embrace a while in silence and then meet our brother. He took a bucket with water and soaked our heads. Repeated softly, "is over", "over." In fact once again passed an unjust act and Oswaldo was commissioned to restore confidence and security again. "Soon my dad will come to take us from here," he said and tried to make us smile, echándonos water in his face.
Days turned slow and tedious, whenever we felt more alone. Our cousins \u200b\u200balmost did not play with us and if they did it was to get us into trouble. Our alliance was still the mistress of the kitchen, who after the beating that I fell, I gave a big wimp as I gave a big hug, wiping a tear in secret, unable to contain.
the evening should go to bring potatoes and corn leaves for animals. The aunt told us to cut away a few "cane sugar" on the road, "preferably those that are black and thick," he said. We left after lunch, Joseph insisted on joining our cousin, his mother agreed. Joseph brought a glass in hand, we did not know what intentions he had and no wonder, perhaps sensed that nothing good waiting for us. Road to the farm, the sand and it was great several bugs lived among those who always saw some small scorpions that we intentionally bruised in our step. In our cousin had thought to go together one by one. Resented the scorpion on a stick and when he attacked, he tried to nail his thorn in the wood, immediately uncover the jar and shake inside. When the bug was already was imprisoned along with other subjects of the same species, fighting the glass wall, trying to get closure. This operation demanded so much time to get to the sweet potato crops, which are caught early, without notifying their owners or if you were able to repair or not to be harvested. We took the road back, Oswaldo collected the reeds that had been commissioned, Miguelito and I brought a bag with potatoes on the shoulder and also dragged a package of corn plants that used to sting for turkeys and chickens to eat them at home. Joseph took the bottle with scorpions stuck to his chest and walked continually stumbling. suddenly appeared a man in a bad temper, threatened with a stick to punish us for having spoiled their seeding. We were petrified, did not know what to say or do. Shouted a series of words that we could not understand very well what it was unclear if he was angry, continually raised the gun he was carrying in his hands. Her eyes sparkled and splashed saliva to scream, his voice was hoarse and tangled. Joseph had the brilliant idea of \u200b\u200bbringing the bottle open and show the man with the intent to scare, but so unlucky to be around it, turning the bottle with the stick, falling at the feet of our cousin. Scorpions to be free, were ejected in different directions, many to stumble in the shoes of Joseph went up to them and then continued climbing up the legs. The boy suffered a terror attack and cried desperately. None of us judicious to do something, we continued with our burden on our shoulders, still. Finally he was assisted by the enraged man who saw the state it was in the boy, took pity on him and began to shake the animal that alarmed our cousin. Once free of his own punishment, José was crying. The farmer who was originally intended to make us angry or so believe that I was, took pity on us and helping us with our load ended up near the village.
That's life, well ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment